Wednesday, March 18, 2009

New Home Construction: Day 1

Well I guess it's fitting that the first posting to this blog reflect the life changing events that have begun since we moved to Minneapolis from San Diego.

The picture to your right is a hole in the ground that is being dug for our first house. The picture was taken from the fire hydrant that is on the front right corner of the house, right next to the curb. So you can see the whole property from this view. This house is in the Crescent Ponds community in Blaine, MN. You can see a small body of water beyond the sandy hill. That body of water is one of the "Ponds" in Crescent Ponds. We are told that it is stocked with fish and that you can actually fish in it when the weather is cold or warm enough. Apparently ice fishing is big out here, so when it's really cold, people walk out there, drill holes and pick up fish the Inuit way.

This month marks our second month in Minnesota. It's hard to believe we've only been out here this short amount of time. Obviously the weather is drastically different than San Diego, but I am really enjoying the area. I can't speak for the wife, aka the decider, but she seems to be cool with it so far.

Well I'll keep this first posting short. This blog is for our close friends and family only, so feel free to let us know what you think or tell us what's on your mind.

BC

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I love it. But then I love the two of you.

Mom.