Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Birthday in San Diego

Although I don't "miss" San Diego, I have to say that it was really nice being back there for a weekend.

Friday
My trip started a little rough in that my initial flight out of Minneapolis was cancelled. I initially thought the whole weekend was ruined. However, I was rebooked on a later flight on Northwest and arrived only an hour and a half late. This was fortunate because I had already purchased tickets to watch Star Trek at 10pm.

Me, Joe and Toni went over to Joe's Crab Shack in Mission Valley for drinks and appetizers before the movie. We met up with Tony, Joel, Danielle, Chris, Jerome and Rick. We all went to see the late show of Star Trek and really enjoyed it.

Saturday (Birthday Day)
Toni and I started this day off right by heading over to Kono's in Pacific Beach for breakfast on the beach. After dropping Toni off at the conference, I cashed in some gift cards from Christmas at the mall and headed back to the hotel. I changed into some running clothes and started my jog downtown right by the Red Bull Air Race which was pretty cool to see, if only partially.

Later in the afternoon, Toni and I met up with Rick, Lisa and their boy Charlie for Sushi at Sushi on the Rock in La Jolla. Charlie was a riot and the food was awesome. This was one of my favorite parts of the day.

And Here's the view from the restaurant

We next headed over to Gordon Biersch, a microbrewery with Restaurants in San Diego. A bunch of my friends from the Navy, SHPE, UCSD, etc. showed up and shared some drinks, some laughs and some food. This was a ton of fun.

The Beer Sampler

Toni got me a healthy cheese cake with candles.. glad I went running earlier

Me and Max

Elzy, Izybeth, Josias and Joe

Sunday
We definitely finished this trip off right with a stop by stopping by The Hash House, by far my favorite restaurant in San Diego. Toni's friend Amari and her kids were in attendance, along with some of the guys from the previous night.

Toni and I shared a plate...

And we finished the day watching some surfing in Ocean Beach... I really miss it

Overall the best birthday I can remember....


1 comments:

Unknown said...

These pics are great. Glad you two are having a wonderful experience with the building of your "first house."

They are talking about allowing surfing on Lake Michigan. I know,,,,,,,,It doesn't sound as dangerous as what you're use to Barry. You'll have lots of Lake fishing up there. I can't wait to fish out of your Pond.

Talk to you two later.

Love ya.